Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Birthday Wishes


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 Harry Allard

Harry Allard was born on January 27, 1928 in Evanston, Illinois.  He is the author of several humorous books for children, which include; There's a Party at Mona's Tonight, Starlight Goes to Town and The Stupids books.  Harry Allard currently lives in Oaxaca, Mexico.

My favorite books written by Harry Allard are Miss Nelson is Missing, Miss Nelson is Back and Miss Nelson Has a Field Day.  In these books, Miss Viola Swamp, the meanest, scariest, toughest, substitute teacher helped to teach the kids of Room 207 about good behavior and appreciating others in her own unique way.

4 comments:

Susan Hornbach said...

Wishing you a wonderful birthday Harry, and great success with all of your children's books. Happy writing!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Susan, thanks so much for stopping by.

This will be a regular feature of the blog. Once a week an author will be recognized on their special day with birthday wishes and a brief biography.

Lisa L. Leibow said...

This is wonderful! Happy Birthday, Harry!

I love the Miss Nelson books. I read them with my children, too!

-Lisa Lipkind Leibow
www.LLLeibow.com

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for stopping by.

Sometimes when I read the books to my son, I would do different voices for the characters. My son would get such a kick out of it.

I miss those days when he was younger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...