Earlier today I decided that I need to tackle the clutter that has taken over my office. I've gotten tired of stepping over piles of books and papers, but the final straw was when I had no idea where some things I needed were. The first task was to put away the stacks of books I had sitting on the floor. I didn't realize just how many children's books I had accumulated until I tried finding spots for them in the bookcases. This was no easy task.
As I picked up each book, special memories would come to mind of how each book was acquired. Several were from when we met the author at a book signing. Several were from relatives as Christmas gifts. One was from when we took a family vacation to California. Then there were the special memories of the times I'd sit with my son and read the books to him, then with him as he learned to read and then finally he'd read them to me when he mastered reading. My son is now 17, so those memories are now somewhat precious.
Anyways, as I was looking at the books, I was wondering what children's books were considered favorites by other people. I'll share a few of mine:
1. LOVE YOU FOREVER written by Robert Munsch and illustrated by Sheila McGraw
2. THE GIVING TREE by Shel Silverstein
3. CHRISTMAS TROLLS by Jan Brett
4. A LITTLE BIT OF NONSENSE by Denise Rodgers and illustrated by Julie Martin
5. BUZZY THE BUMBLEBEE by Denise Brennan-Nelson and illustrated by Michael Glenn Monroe
6. DESIGNED BY GOD SO I MUST BE SPECIAL written by Bonnie Sose and illustrated by Bonnie and Holly Sose
What are some of your favorite children's books? Please take a few minutes to share what they are and if you'd like, share any special memories associated with the books.