Friday, June 11, 2010

A Review of Why God Matters

Why God Matters
How to Recognize Him in Daily Life

Karina Lumbert Fabian
Deacon Steven Lumbert

 
114 pgs., hardcover
ISBN 9780982256534

Although Why God Matters has been written from the Catholic viewpoint, I think that everyone of Christian faith who has experienced God in their lives can learn something from reading this book. Whether you are new to your faith or a long time believer, this book will show you how to find God in the ordinary day-to-day activities of your life. As you read the stories and life lessons, you will find yourself reflecting on the many ways that God has always been present in your life.

In Why God Matters, Karina Fabian and Deacon Lumbert share their personal stories and the life lessons they learned. Also in the book are bible passages, quotes and passages taken from the Catechism of the Catholic Church. One bible passage in the book is from I Corinthians 10:31: "So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God." These are powerful words to live by.

I enjoyed reading Why God Matters. Some of the stories made me laugh while others made me cry. The stories also made me think about my own personal journey of knowing God. Although I learned something from all of the stories and life lessons, four of the stories that really stood out the most to me were: Love in a Pot of Rice, Does God Send Flowers?, Bare Feet, and Cough It Up. I felt a special connection to these stories.

God speaks to all of us on a daily basis. We just have to keep our hearts open to what he has to tell us. Why God Matters shows us how to see God in the day-to-day of our lives and how to have a deeper, more meaningful relationship with him.

10 comments:

Tribute Books said...

Dear Susanne,

I'm so glad that you enjoyed reading "Why God Matters" and for recommending it to your blog readers.

Best wishes,
Nicole

Roland D. Yeomans said...

God is not just the wind in our sails, He made the sails to start with.

You have to stand apart to sense God. That is why David, the shepherd boy, came to know Him so well. And since all of us are in the solitary confinement of our minds, we all stand apart.

Thanks for a thought-provoking blog. Roland

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Nice review, Susanne.

Congratulations on your book, Karina and your father. It sounds like an inspiring read. Best of luck to you.

Susanne Drazic said...

Wanted to say hi to everyone who has stopped by and left a comment!

Stop by Monday, June 14th when I share an interview with Karina and Deacon Lumbert.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hi Susanne! I'm following you now. And I'm participating in the Muse Online Conference again this year with a chat and a forum.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Diane, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Thanks for following my blog.

I'll be sure to sign up for your chat and forum at the Muse Online Conference!

Karina Fabian said...

Dear Susanne,

Thanks for reviewing Why God Matters. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. Frankly some of the stories still make me cry, and I lived them!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Karina, thanks for stopping by!

Donna M. McDine said...

Sounds like a fascinating book and thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Donna, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

I hope you get a chance to read the the book.

Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...