Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Review of Rebel in Blue Jeans


 Rebel in Blue Jeans

Beverly Stowe McClure


Young Adult Fiction
ISBN 978-1-933353-49-4
Twilight Times Books


To read an excerpt from Rebel in Blue Jeans:
http://rebelinbluejeans.wordpress.com/book-excerpt/

Sixteen-year-old Rebel Ferguson has a wonderful life. She lives on a large farm, has lots of animals that she loves and cares for, friends she can always count on, and parents who love her. One day, without warning, Rebel's world is turned upside down. Her mother has run off with a drummer in a rock band, her father has turned to alcohol, and she is left feeling alone and unwanted. What is Rebel to do?

I think that Rebel in Blue Jeans is a book that all young adults will relate to. The author tackles the difficult subjects of divorce, young adult relationships, and discovering oneself in an uncertain world. 

I would recommend this book to all young adult readers. I wish Rebel in Blue Jeans had been in print when I was sixteen and tackling some of the same difficult subjects that Rebel faces.
 

13 comments:

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Good Morning, Susanne,

Thanks so much for a wonderful review. I appreciate it and am glad you enjoyed the book. May I use a blurb on my Wordpress site?

Have a nice day.

Beverly

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Beverly, thanks for stopping by.

Sure, you can use a blurb on your site. That would be great.

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Great, Susanne. I'll put it on Rebel's blog and mine too. Thanks.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne .. sounds an interesting read .. I know kids really appreciate learning about life that is real .. ie today ..

I think I'd have benefited as a kid too ..

Thanks - Hilary

Beth Reinke said...

Susanne,

Thank you for posting this review. I think I need a copy of this book for a young lady I know. Beverly has a way with stories about teenage girls. :o)

Karen McGrath said...

Susanne, thanks for the review, it sounds very interesting!

Karen

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Hilary, I agree with you about kids learning about real life. It's just a shame that sometimes they have to learn too much, too fast.

Have a great day!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Beth, Rebel in Blue Jeans is a book that any young lady would enjoy reading.

The author definitely has a way of tackling the tough subjects that teens deal with. Rebel is like a friend that teens can relate to.

I wonder if we will see anymore books with Rebel in them?

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I've never heard of the book. Thanks for reviewing it. I'll add it to my TBR pile. :)

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Hi Hilary. Thanks for stopping by.

Beverly

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Hi Beth. Thanks for your kind words. :)

Thank you, Karen. I believe it speaks to many teens today.

Beverly

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

That's great, Stina. I appreciate it. :)

Beverly

Susanne Drazic said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...