Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Versatile Blogger Award



I have to say that I was surprised to learn that my blog was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award. My blog was actually nominated twice, which was a pleasant surprise. The nominators are (click on the name to go to their blog):
The Story of a Writer (Beverly Stowe McClure)
One Writer's Journey (Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz)

Part of the fun of The Versatile Blogger Award is thanking the person who presented it to you. (Thank you Beverly! Thank you Penny!) Then, you must share seven things about yourself, give the award to 15 other bloggers you admire, and then drop by and visit those you've nominated.

Seven things about myself:

1. I've had all four wisdom teeth removed.
2. I am the oldest of my siblings.
3. I went to Washington, D.C. when I was in fifth grade.
4. I played the clarinet when I was in junior high.
5. My husband and I got engaged about two weeks after our first date.
6. Whenever I go to the movies or watch a movie at home, I fall asleep.
7. Sometimes, when I'm feeling frustrated or stressed, I pull out a box of crayons and a coloring book and start coloring.


Fifteen blogs I follow and admire (click on the name to go to their blog):
1. Thing 1 and Thing 2
2. Jacqui's Room
3. sruble.com
4. J. ADAY KENNEDY :: A WRITING PLAYGROUND
5. Breakthrough Blogs
6. Nina's Blog
7. Positive letters ... inspirational stories ...
8. Art, Words, Life
9. GREETINGS FROM NOWHERE 
10. Fox In Socks
11. Martha Ramirez
12. THE BOOKSHELF MUSE
13. JUMPING THE CANDLESTICK
14. pbjunkies
15. UNDER THE TROLL'S BRIDGE

 
Please take a few minutes to visit these wonderful bloggers.  

24 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Thanks, Susanne! OMG on #5! I think that one deserves an entire blog post of its own!

Martha Ramirez said...

Aw, thank you so much for nominating me, Susanne!! Appreciate it!

Jennifer Shirk said...

How romantic that you got engaged so quickly!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne .. gosh you are a star .. thanks for nominating me - really grateful ..

It's great to visit your blog & I'm really chuffed to be part of the versatile blogger award ..

Thank you so much .. & I'll be around to visit the other bloggers .. it's so wonderful to be appreciated ..

Thank you .. so much .. Hilary

Nicole MacDonald said...

Congrats :) and i love the colouring in book part - used to have so much fun doing that *hee*

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Corey, enjoy the blog award! : )

Hi Martha, you are welcome! Enjoy the blog award.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Jennifer. Getting engaged at two weeks may be romantic, but when he told me he loved me at a week and a half my response was "Oh, no. What are we going to do about that?" Poor guy. He thought he blew it. He just took me by total surprise!!

Oh, by the way, this year makes 19 years of marriage.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Hilary, you are so welcome. I really enjoy visiting your blog. I find your posts very interesting. I get to learn about parts of the world I've never been to and about some things I never knew existed.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Nicole, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

You wouldn't believe what a stress reliever coloring can be. Also a fun way to get in touch with my inner child. : )

Angela Ackerman said...

Susanne, you are so sweet! Thanks so much for the award--it was nice to plug back in and find this.

I love that you color when you are stressed out, It really does lighten the mood, doesn't it? And 2 weeks engagement? Wow, talk about knowing what you want--that's awesome!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Nice to learn more about you. I played the clarinet in the band too. Was also a majorette

Jacqui said...

Aw, thanks! And I am a notorious movie sleeper also. It's actually one of my favorite things to do: pop in a movie, watch some of it, and then fall asleep on Thor's shoulder.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Angela, hope your time unplugged from blogging was very productive for your writing. Enjoy your award!


Hi Beverly, thanks for stopping by. So cool that we both played clarinet in band!


Hi Jacqui, glad to hear I'm not the only one who falls asleep while watching a movie. My family thinks it's funny that I have to watch a movie several times before I can finally say I've seen the whole thing, LOL. Enjoy your award!

Jennifer said...

Thanks so much for adding me to the list, Susanne! I love that you color with crayons when you're stressed... will have to try that some time!

Nina Crittenden said...

Thank you so much, Susanne! I have been terrible at blogging lately, but will be sure to pass your award along! SO enjoyed your 7 things! I am the oldest sib, too! ;)

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Jennifer, I'm a fan of your illustrations and of course your maps. They are the best! Enjoy your award!


Hi Nina, I always enjoy visiting your blog. Enjoy your award!


Have a great day!

Stephen Tremp said...

Very cool. Thanks for the award. I should get it in the form of a patch and wear it on my sleeve. Being versatile is a necessity because I get bored easy.

Stephen Tremp

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations on the award! I played the clarinet in jr high too. :)

Thanks for playing along on my random blog party....

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Stephen, you are welcome. Sorry I don't have the award in patch form to give to you, but I hope you'll enjoy it posted on your blog.

Have a great weekend!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Sharon, that is so cool that you played clarinet in junior high too. I don't think I remember how to play any of the notes anymore though. Too many years have gone by since my junior high days.

The random blog party is fun. Don't get to stop by everyday, but I try.

Karen McGrath said...

I enjoy coloring, too, Susanne! But my favorite is colored pencils or watercolor. Cute post!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Karen. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Colored pencils and watercolors are great to work with, but there is something about that waxy color gliding across the paper that has a peaceful quality for me. Maybe it's a comfort thing, because I think back to childhood memories and happy times when I'm coloring. It helps me forget my adult problems, at least for a little while.
: )

Have a great day!

sruble said...

Susanne, thank you so much for the award! I enjoy visiting your blog too, even if I don't get to visit as often as I'd like. Stephanie

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Stephanie, enjoy the award. Have a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...