Friday, November 12, 2010

A Review of Fallon O'Reilly and The Ice Queen's Lair



Fallon O'Reilly and The Ice Queen's Lair

Book One in the Magic in the Americas series

AUTHOR: Debra K. Dunlap

COVER ARTIST: Delilah K. Stephans

PUBLISHER: MuseItUp Publishing


RELEASE: October 2010

ISBN: 978-0-9865875-2-8

Available in various e-formats and available for Kindle at Amazon.com


To read a blurb about Fallon O'Reilly and The Ice Queen's Lair, or to read an excerpt,  CLICK HERE.


My review:

Fallon O'Reilly and The Ice Queen's Lair is a YA fantasy which is set in the cold, rugged Alaskan wilderness.  It is the story of Fallon O'Reilly, her wheelchair-bound cousin, Ardis, and their Wyoming friend, Eddie, and how they work together to try and defeat the powerful dark evil that has threatened the surrounding wizarding towns and their magic school.  It is full of Alaskan mythology, suspense, adventure, ghosts, and magic.  The wonderful characters will draw you into their world the very first time you read this book.

One of the things that drew me to the book was that it is set in Alaska.  I've always been fascinated by that part of North America.  I think that anyone who enjoyed reading the Harry Potter series will find this a wonderful first book in the Magic in the Americas series.  It will not only be enjoyed by YA readers of fantasy, but by adults as well.  I would highly recommend this book and I look forward to the day when book two of the series is released.

19 comments:

Karen McGrath said...

I love this book, too, Susanne. I'm also awaiting book two. It's fascinating reading about Alaska, and refreshing! :)

Debra K. Dunlap said...

Thank you for the wonderful review, Suzanne. And thank you for the kind comments, Karen. I appreciate your support and look forward to giving you another dose of Alaska in the second book!

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Nice review, Susanne. I've just started reading this book and am enjoying it.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Wow, sounds really good. Thanks.

lionmother said...

Now I'm tempted, Suzanne! Is Debra going to be America's J.K. Rowling??? Great review.

Susan Hornbach said...

Sounds wonderful Susanne, great review!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Karen, thanks for stopping by and commenting. Thanks also for following my blog.


Hi Debra, so glad you were able to stop by for a visit. Great book! I'll definitely be reading this one again. Now to patiently wait for book two.
: )

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Beverly, enjoy reading it. I'll definitely be reading it again!


Hi Jennifer, thanks for stopping by to check out the review.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi lionmother, it is definitely worth reading. I can't wait for book two to come out!


Hi Susan, thanks for stopping by to check out the review. I'll be posting an interview with Debra next week.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Very cool, Susanne! I haven't heard of this series, but it sounds like its going to be great...

Interviews, books, and music said...

Hi Susanne, great review! I love the idea of weaving local legends into the story. I can't wait to read it for myself. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Janet Johnson said...

I didn't even know there was such a thing as Alaskan mythology. Thanks for the review!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Sharon. Thanks for stopping by and checking out the review. It's going to be a great series, I just know it. I hope you'll get a chance to stop by on Monday to check out the interview with Debra.
-------------
Hi Julie, thanks for stopping by to visit! You'll have to let me know what you think of the book after you read it. I know you'll enjoy it.
-------------
Hi Janet. I hope you get a chance to read the book. Did you get a chance to check out the book blurb and excerpt? Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my review of the book!

Have a great weekend all!

Patricia Stoltey said...

I've been reading more YA novels lately and finding them outstanding. This one sounds good, and I like the setting. One more book added to my TBR list. :)

Angela Ackerman said...

I love the cover. I'm going to recommend this to a friend whose writing a story in Alaska. Thanks!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

Tribute Books Mama said...

Thanks! for sharing this!

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like a terrific book - thanks for the tip! :)

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Patricia, thanks for stopping by and commenting. My TBR list keeps getting longer and longer, because there are just so many books I want to get/read!
--------------------
Hi Angela, thanks for stopping by. Have a great week!
--------------------
Hi Mary Ann, thanks for stopping by to check out the review. I'll be posting an interview with the author tomorrow. Hope you can stop by to check that out.
-------------------
Hi Jemi, thanks for stopping by and for becoming a follower of my blog. Appreciate it!

Stephen Tremp said...

The story of the teen and the orphans after the village is destroyed sounds like a terrific story. Best wishes for that one as well as the rest of your projects.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...