Wednesday, December 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010 - How Did You Do?




NaNoWriMo 2010 is officially over.

This was my first year doing NaNoWriMo.  I had high hopes of reaching the 50K word count by the end of the month.  How hard could it be to write 1,667 words a day, for a month?  I like to write, so it would mean allowing myself more time to do something I enjoy doing.  

November was a very hectic month for me.  I was sick several days.  I had family commitments.  I had church commitments.  I missed a couple days of writing.  Once I got behind on the word count, it was all downhill for me. 

Now I realize that lots of people, who were busier than me, reached their NaNoWriMo goals.  I think that is AWESOME!  I say CONGRATS to them!  I'm just sharing my experience with NaNoWriMo.

So what was my final word count?  For NaNoWriMo 2010, my total word count was 37, 853.  I was 12,147 words short of my 50K goal.

Will I do NaNoWriMo 2011?  At this point I don't know.  Was I glad I gave it a try?  YES!  Would I recommend others give it a try?  Yes.  If you don't try, you'll never know if you can do it or not.  Do I feel like a winner?  YES!  YES!  YES!  Although I didn't reach my goal, I attempted the challenge. 

So, how did you do?  Did you reach your goal?  Please share your results.


9 comments:

Corey Schwartz said...

Congrats, Suzanne! I'd say 37, 853 is quite an accomplishment!!!

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

I think that's a great finish! 38K words in one month is outstanding, especially with all you've had going on. I'm telling you, November is a hard month to try and write a novel. So much happening. You did a super job, Suzanne!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne .. well done is all I can say - a tremendous achievement.

As you say if you don't try - you don't know & you learn loads ..

Enjoy the week .. I didn't do it .. one day perhaps! Cheers - Hilary

Amy Baskin said...

Suzanne, I too think that writing 38K in a month is a tremendous achievement- congratulations to you! It's so good to get the ball rolling in November. I'm very grateful to Chris Baty and the rest of the Nanowrimos out there for the encouragement they provided me.

Keep writing!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Wow! Give yourself a pat on the back and a high-five. 37K is FANTASTIC!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I think you did an outstanding job. WTG!!!!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi everyone! Thanks for the congrats! They are greatly appreciated. I am proud of what I was able to accomplish.
: )

Cher Green said...

Susanne, Congrats!

I skipped it this year. I participated last year and reached my 50K, but the novel produced is a mess of disjointed scenes. I'm still trying to get it into form.

Susanne Drazic said...

Thanks Cher! What I did get written is quite a mess to me. I've put it aside for awhile, to look at again in a month or two. Maybe I can make some sense of it then.
: )

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...