Monday, February 21, 2011

A Review of Frederico, the Mouse Violinist


Frederico, the Mouse Violinist

Written by: Mayra Calvani

Illustrated by: K.C. Snider

Published by: Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc.
                        www.guardianangelpublishing.com/

Picture book for ages 4 - 8.  Available as PDF eBook, eBook CD, paperback, and hardcover



Frederico, the Mouse Violinist is a delightful story about a mouse that has a dream of owning a violin and becoming a virtuoso.  Frederico lives in the workshop of violin maker, Antonio Stradivari.  At night, Frederico spends time with the violins and thinking about his dreams.  One day Stradivari begins work on a small mysterious object that he locks in a box at night.  Frederico is curious as to what it could be.  Will Frederico ever find out?

The illustrations, done by K.C. Snider, are simply wonderful and complete this charming story.  At the end of the book, you will find a brief biography about Antonio Stradivari.  You will also find a glossary, and a couple of fun activities.

I would recommend this book for anyone who has a budding musician in their midst, especially anyone interested in playing the violin.  This would make a wonderful addition to any music teacher's classroom.



18 comments:

LTM said...

my 8-y.o. daughter has just started violin lessons! I must check this out... Thanks, S~ :o)

Stephen Tremp said...

Thanks for the review. One of my kids wants to play the violin so this would be a good read for her. Have a great week!

Julie Musil said...

This sounds like such a sweet story, and the front cover is beautiful! Thanks for bringing the book to our attention.

Mayra Calvani said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to review my book and the wonderful review! I appreciate it!

Cheryl said...

Loved, loved, loved this book. I'm not even musically inclined and I loved it. Mayra has such a way with words.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on her latest.

Cheryl

Joylene Butler said...

How delightful. My grandchildren are going to love it. Thanks, Susanne and Mayra.

Tribute Books Mama said...

cute story, thanks! for sharing

Lynda Young said...

the story sounds wonderful

Donea Lee said...

A little out of my daughter's reading range (she's 13), but sounds adorable! :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne .. sounds such a delightful little book - and I'd think some elderlies might enjoy it too .. it could open up the conversation into other directions.

Great post - thanks .. Hilary

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Mayra has written another wonderful story, as all of hers are. When I was a kid, I wanted to take violin lessons, but we couldn't afford it. I hope all children today who aspire to do so get the chance. This book sounds perfect for young musicians.

Turning the Clock Back said...

My kids love animals AND music, this sounds like something they would really enjoy! Thanks for posting!

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss susanne! that was a nice review. that book sounds really fun. it a little young for me but i still like reading stuff like that cause it gets me smiling. for that little box im betting i could guess whats in it. :)
...hugs from lenny

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Oh, I totally want that book now!! :-)

Maria McKenzie said...

Thanks for the review! The story sounds wonderful:).

Susan Hornbach said...

This book sounds charming and educational. I just love KC's cover illustration. Wishing you great success!

April said...

The more I read about this book, the more I yearn to get my hands on a copy!! Amazing!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi everyone! Thanks for stopping by and for leaving such great comments. I see that a few people know someone interested in playing the violin. That is so cool!

I was in middle school band with a girl who played the violin. She showed me how to play a little bit. It is such a beautiful instrument to listen to.

Hope everyone has a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...