Monday, March 28, 2011

A Review of Monkey Made Dream


Monkey Made Dream

Written by Tom Listul and Heather Listul Hewitt

Illustrated by Jenna Hildahl

Ages 4 - 8

ISBN: 978-1-4269-4986-9

Published in December 2010

Published by Trafford Publishing
www.trafford.com



SYNOPSIS
Monkey Made Dream is a fictional children's story about a little girl who wakes up to find a big surprise - there is a monkey in her brother's bed!  She experiences a whole day with the monkey from getting him dressed to taking him to school, and she wonders all along if her brother has really changed into a monkey.  The book captures a magical day with twists and turns as a little girl discovers that dreams can come true!




MY REVIEW
Monkey Made Dream is a delightful story about a young girl who wakes up one morning to find that it is no ordinary day.  Not finding her little brother in his bed, there is instead a monkey smiling back at her!  The young girl is amazed to find that her mother, teacher and friends don't seem to find it strange that there is a monkey with her.  Has her little brother really changed into a monkey, or is it all just a dream? 

I think young children will enjoy reading this whimsical book about a young girl and a monkey who seems to have replaced her brother.  The colorful, full page illustrations add to the whimsy of the story told in Monkey Made Dream

To get your own copy of Monkey Made Dream, you can find it at Barnes and Noble.com, Amazon.com, and Better World Books.




11 comments:

  1. Monkey Made Dream ... sounds adorable. Thanks for another great book for my grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun book! Even at my age, I love to read YA and MG. (I have YA and MG grandchildren, too, as well as one "little" one.) I think they're some of the best stories published.

    I saw your comment on my guest post at Stephen Tremp's today, and came over to meet you. I'm glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Joylene! Thanks for stopping by to check out the review. Stop by on Wednesday to check out the interview with both Heather and her her dad.
    ``````````````````````````````````````````````````
    Hi, Ann! It was so nice getting to meet you over at Stephen Tremp's blog. Glad you came over to meet me. Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog. I'm following yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute book!

    Thanks for your vote today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a cute book--and one that would appeal to girls with brothers!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can picture kids now, giggling at the thought of finding a monkey in their sibling's bed. Looks like a fun read.

    Nice review, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the business card. Nicely done with an image of the book, the author, and a blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like an adorable story! I can see kids being completely entertained by the goofiness of it all. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, possibly this post is not on topic but in any event, I have been browsing about your site and it looks really neat. It is easy to see I am creating a new blog and I am struggling to make it look great, and supply excellent subject matter. I have learned a lot here and I look forward to additional updates and will be returning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there! I'm Jenna Hildahl (the illustrator) and I stumbled upon your blog! I have to say that this absolutly made my day!
    I love how God has been suprising me with little things like this =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for stopping by to visit my little corner of the blogging world. Please leave a comment and have a wonderful day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...