Saturday, July 9, 2011

Christmas in July with Rochelle Weber



Rochelle Weber is a Navy veteran and holds a BA in Communications fro Columbia College in Chicago with an emphasis on creative writing.  Her non-fiction article, :Bulimia," was featured in Hair Trigger 9 & 10, the acclaimed Columbia College student anthology.  Her first novel, Rock Bound, is available at Amazon, CreateSpace, and Smashwords.  The sequel, Rock Crazy, will be released by MuseItUp Publishing in October, 2011.  She edits the Marketing for Romance Writers Newsletter.  Rochelle lives in Volo, Illinois, with her elder daughter and granddaughter.  Her younger daughter lives in Paris, Illinois, and has a son and two daughters.  Each daughter has a wonderful man in her life with two girls of his own for a total of four step-granddaughters.



Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I’m a Navy veteran with a BA in writing from Columbia College in Chicago. My first novel, Rock Bound, is now available at Amazon, Create Space and Smashwords. I love reading, music, movies, theatre, TV, trivia, travel, and karaoke. I live with my older daughter and granddaughter in Volo, Illinois.  I have another daughter, one grandson and two granddaughters downstate in Paris, Illinois.  They each have a wonderful boyfriend with two daughters for a total of one grandson and seven granddaughters.  Poor Alex is so outnumbered.  We also have a bunny, a dog and three cats. 


How long have you been writing?

Since I was about seven.  I ran out of things to read when I had chicken pox and wrote my first story.


What are your favorite genres?

Science fiction, mystery, technical spy stuff, some romance, biography, paranormal, historical novels.


Who are some of your favorite authors?

Heinlein, Asimov, Jonathan and Faye Kellerman, Jim Butcher, Lois McMaster Bujold, David Weber, Tom Clancy, James Mitchner, Terri Main, Ginger Simpson, Heather Haven, L. J. Holmes, and Roseanne Dowell.


What is a typical day like for you?

I usually start waking up around ten when my alarm goes off and my cats sit on my chest and want to play.  I hit the snooze button and cuddle Tinkerbelle and Acey a bit, then get up and get ready to face the day.  I read e-mails while I have breakfast, then write until about .  If I don’t have to go anywhere, I have lunch and read until suppertime.  After supper, I watch TV until after the news, then play trivia or crossword puzzles on my computer for an hour or so and read myself to sleep around one or two or later.


What have you published?

In the seventies, I had a weekly column on church happenings in a local newspaper.  In the eighties, I made the Columbia College student anthology.  Rock Bound is my first book and the sequel, Rock Crazy, will be released by MuseItUp Publishing, Inc. in October, 2011.

How can people reach you?







Rock Bound, first book in the Moon Rock series

Author: Rochelle Weber

Publisher: CreateSpace
               www.createspace.com

Published: March 2011

ISBN-10: 1456591010
ISBN-13: 978-1456591014


Jake Johnsrud saved Annie Peterson’s life.  Now slaves on that God-forsaken rock, the Moon, how will they survive?




Today's giveaway is being provided by Rochelle Weber.  The winner will receive a selenite stone and a signed copy of Rock Bound.

This giveaway will be available for mailing in the U.S. and Canada


14 comments:

Scarlett Jo said...

Thankyou for sharing all of this neat stuff about you! :)

Karen Cioffi said...

I love the book cover! Great interview. Rochelle, I wish you success with your book.

BarbaraB said...

Very interesting, Rochelle. I like it that you are enjoying the works of other Muse authors.

Thanks Susanne.

Stephen Tremp said...

Its great to meet Rochelle. Best wishes for Rock Crazy. Its exciting to see the fruits of your labor come to pass.

Joylene Butler said...

Oh we like the same writers. That's a good sign. Thanks, Susanne and Rochelle. Sounds like a wonderful book.

kathy stemke said...

Interesting premise to your book. Moon slaves! Best wishes.

Rochelle Weber--Author, Editor said...

Thanks, ladies. The cover art was done by Delila K. Stephans, Cover Goddess at MuseItUp Publishing, Inc. which will be releasing the sequel, Rock Crazy in October. To see her stunning cover art for that book, check out my website, www.rochelleweber.com.

Roseanne Dowell said...

Oh my gosh, I'm thrilled to be on your list of authors you enjoy reading. Thank you so much. I wish you much luck with your book. I'm sure you'll sell many. I'm not big into Sci-fi - but this one sounds interesting.

Chelle Cordero said...

Hi Rochelle, kudos on Rock Bound and the upcoming Rock Crazy.

~Chelle
http://ChelleCordero.com

Harley Rose said...

You seem to have a wonderful family. My daughter wanted a bunny, but i thought with 8 cats and 2 dogs in the house, that a bunny would not last very long.
I love rocks. Rock hunting takes me back, to my dad and his gravel hauling days. Sometimes he would take me along and while he loaded his truck box, I would go around the gravel pit and find rocks. He always said that I brought more rocks home than he had in the pit.

I would love to win your book "Rock Bound" and the selenite stone. I think I am the only one who carries special rocks with me throughout the day. I have done this for as long as I can remember.

Thank you so much for taking me back to a great time in my life. I had forgotten about those special days. :-)

Kathy Bennett said...

Hi Rochelle!

Like Roseanne said, I'm not a big Sci-fi fan, however the idea of being moon slaves does sound intriguing.

The cover is great!

J Q Rose said...

What a neat way to start your day..not the alarm, but playing with your kitties...I love their purring. Best wishes on your Rock series.

Rochelle Weber--Author, Editor said...

Hi, Everyone:

Thanks for all of your comments!

Hugs,
Rochelle

Susanne Drazic said...

I wanted to thank everyone for stopping by to meet Rochelle Weber and to learn more about her book, Rock Bound. Rochelle has another book coming out later in the year called Rock Crazy.

Rochelle, thank you for participating in Christmas in July! It was a pleasure getting to know you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...