Monday, February 13, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award


I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Suzanne Purvis.  Be sure to check out her blog at http://suzannepurvis.blogspot.com.  While you are there, be sure to check out her children's stories published by Guardian Angel Kids - an online interactive ezine for kids!  You will find the links to the stories on the right sidebar of Suzanne's blog, just above her list of followers.


The rules for the nominees of this award:
1. Nominate 15 fellow bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
2. Add an image of the Versatile Blogger Award to your post
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog
4. In the same post, share 7 random pieces of information about yourself
5. In the same post, include this set of rules
6. Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs


7 random pieces of information about me:
1. I hated having to eat liver when I was a kid (YUCK!)
2. I don't like having my picture taken
3. I like farmer's cheese pierogi
4. I have pictures of my family sitting on my desk
5. I'll be planting tomatoes, green peppers, and banana peppers this year
6. I like sprouting seeds for salads
7. Roses are one of my favorite flowers


Nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Shannon O'Donnell   http://shannonkodonnell.blogspot.com
2. Gail Roughton Branan   http://flowersonthefence.blogspot.com
3. Anthony Stemke   http://gritsandgroceries.blogspot.com
4. Hilary Wagner   http://hilarywagner.blogspot.com
5. Margot Finke   http://hookkidsonreading.blogspot.com
6. Joylene Nowell Butler   http://cluculzwriter.blogspot.com
7. Lenny Lee   http://lennys-world.blogspot.com
8. Hilary Melton-Butcher   http://positiveletters.blogspot.com
9. Sharon K. Mayhew   http://skmayhew.blogspot.com
10. Stina Lindenblatt   http://www.stinalindenblatt.com
11. Shannon Messenger   http://ramblingsofawannabescribe.blogspot.com
12. L. Diane Wolfe   http://circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com
13. Stacy S. Jensen   http://stacysjensen.blogspot.com
14. Beverly Stowe McClure   http://beverlystowemcclure.blogspot.com
15. Kathy Stemke   http://educationtipster.blogspot.com



Thank you, Suzanne, for the Versatile Blogger Award!

27 comments:

Shannon O'Donnell said...

You are the sweetest, Suzanne!! Thank you so much for thinking of me. Daffodils are my favorite flower and I love ANYTHING cheesy! :-)

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Shannon. You are welcome! Realized after I hit the button to make the post that I forgot to put a subject title, lol. Had to go back and add it. Couldn't figure out why my link looked so strange. Guess that's what happens when trying to do too many things at once. : ) Have a great day!

Jennifer Shirk said...

I never had farmer's cheese pierogis but I love farmer's cheese and I love pierogis. I need to try them!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Jennifer. They are so good. I usually find them at a couple of the stores around here. I've got a recipe to make them, but haven't tried it yet. One of the blogs I follow has a recipe for perogi posted on their blog. I've tried other perogi, like the potato and cheese, and potato and onion, but don't care for those.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

How nice of you to give me this award. Thanks, Susanne. Will be posting it later this week. :)

Joylene said...

Thank you so much, Susanne. I love awards! I am so grateful for your kindness and your support. It means more than I can say.

Joylene said...

Not sure if it still applies, but for years, Vanderhoof was the world's capital for Gouda cheese. I love perogis! Any kind. Thank you so much, Susanne. Your thoughtfulness is very appreciated.

Stacy S. Jensen said...

Thank you for passing it along. I'l have to mingle amongst the other recipients. I don't think I ate liver as a kid. If I recall correctly, Dad din't like it either, so it saved us from eating it. :)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

My mom used to make liver burgers, thinking she could fool us. Seriously, who was she trying to kid????

Thanks for the award. :D

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne - many thanks .. really appreciate the award. I've just found liver has come back into fashion - cheapness! I actually love it with bacon.

Pierogi - are delicious .. I don't have them very often - but I use gnocchi quite often.

I agree with you re scented flowers - preferably straight from the garden - my mother was a really good gardener and loved her plants ..

Cheers and have a good week and once again many thanks for the award which I share with some other great bloggers ... Hilary

Hilary Wagner said...

Oh my gosh! Thanks so much, Susanne! This is so sweet of you!!!

xoxo -- Hilary

Stephen Tremp said...

I know many of these bloggers. They are versatile and I visit them at least a couple times a week if not more.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Awww, you are so sweet, Susanne! Thanks for the nomination. :)

Liver...ICK!
Photos...ICK!
Cheese...YUM!
Family photos...Yay!
Growing veggies...Wohoo, me too!
Seed sprouting...never tried it. Hmmmm
Daisies are my favorite flowers. :)

Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Ann Best said...

I have tried sprouting seeds, but they're not turning out very well. And I recall my mother's roses, one of the few flowers I have always been able to recognize! I love your list, and congratulations on the award!
Ann Best, Author of In the Mirror & Other Memoirs

Jemi Fraser said...

Congrats! And great choices for passing along!! :)

Probably the best part of being an adult is not having to eat liver any more!

LTM said...

LOL! This is sort of an origin story... I hated liver as a kid AND as an adult... :D I'm okay w/the pix and I also love roses. But I'm not gardener, and what's cheese pierogi? I pretty much love anything cheese~ :o) <3

alexia said...

Congrats on the award! You deserve it!

Lynda R Young said...

Feeding liver to a child is just cruel ;)

Congrats on your award!!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Thank you!

I'm a vegan, so liver is disgusting no matter what.

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss susanne! wowee! what a cool award. its way special coming from you. thanks thanks thanks bunches. its neat knowing more about you. roses were my moms favorite flowers. :)
...hugs from lenny

Julie Musil said...

BIG congratulations on your well-deserved award! And I agree with you on liver...ugh. I'm so glad you mentioned Guardian Angel Kids. I'm going to refer a friend to that publisher.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Beverly. Thanks for stopping by to pick up your award. I look forward to seeing who you give the award to.

Hi, Joylene. You have a wonderful blog, so I definitely wanted to share this award with you. Have an awesome day!

Hi, Stacy. My dad and mom both liked liver, so that's why it was served in our house from time to time.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Stina. My mom used to try and mask the liver as Swiss steak. I remember it being breaded and in some kind of mushroom gravy. No matter how you cook it, liver is liver. Yuck!

Hi, Hilary. I don't know about liver being cheap as I never price it. For me, it will never be in fashion. I'm glad you enjoy it. : )

Hi, Hilary W! Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the award. : )

Cher Green said...

Suzanne, Congrats on the award. And, congrats to you all.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Stephen. Thanks for stopping by. I hope your Grand OPENING Tour is going well. I'm working on getting caught up on my blog reading, so I'll be catching up on all of your tour stops real soon.

Hi, Sharon. If you've never tried seed sprouting, it isn't hard. I like adding the sprouted seeds to salads, soups and sandwiches. You can sprout so many different kinds of seeds.

Hi, Ann. I like sprouting the seeds. Are you doing them in a glass jar or one of the multi-layered trays? I have a multi-layered tray, so it makes it easy to pour the water in and then to drain the sprouts. How often are you adding the water and draining them?

Talli Roland said...

Congrats on the award! And yum yum, I love pierogi!

The Armchair Squid said...

Congrats on your nomination. Good luck with A-Z. I look forward to your posts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...