Thursday, March 22, 2012

An Author With A "CAN DO" Philosophy




Woman on Life Support, Inspirational Speaker, & Published Author interviewed by
Joan Hallmark “Proud of East Texas"

Miss Kennedy shares her struggle recovering from bacterial spinal meningitis as well as complications due to a brainstem stroke.

The illness and stroke that left Aday a legally blind ventilator-dependent quadriplegic, failed to dim her love of life and determination to spread a message of inspiration and hope.

Joan Hallmark shares Aday’s story of triumph over tragedy in a memorable interview. In the fourteen years since becoming disabled she has cried and laughed her way through the hard times. Aday’s “CAN DO” philosophy shapes her speeches and writing.

Her writing has appeared in many newspapers and magazines including five inspirational essays in the popular Chicken Soup for the Soul books. Currently she is writing her memoir, “Laughter Through Tears,” about her physical and spiritual recovery.

J. Aday Kennedy is the differently-abled writer and speaker making her dreams come true one story and speech at a time. As a speaker, she entertains, instructs, motivates and inspires audiences of all ages by focusing on what she CAN do instead of CAN’T. She surrounds herself with family, friends and positivity in Mineola, Texas. Her picture books, Klutzy Kantor, Stella the Fire Farting Dragon, and Marta’s Gargantuan Wings, published by Guardian Angel Publishing are available through Amazon.

To learn more about her, visit her website at www.JAdayKennedy.com.



8 comments:

Joylene said...

Reading her story made me cry. What an inspiration. I don't think I could have handled life as well as she is. Bravo. Thanks, Susanne.

anthony stemke said...

Incredible story. Reading it should make all count their blessings.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I've followed J. Aday for several years now - she is remarkable!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hello Joylene, Anthony, and Diane! Thanks for stopping by to check out the post. Aday is a very inspirational woman. I hope you each have a wonderful weekend!

Susan Hornbach said...

Hey Susanne, so glad you posted this. Aday Kennedy is an amazing woman. Not only does she write delightful books for children, but she has a kind giving spirit that spills out to every one she connects with.

A number of years ago, Aday helped me build my blog, and by helping me, I mean she did most of it.

Aday is quite informational about marketing, and has a lot to offer others on the subject. I first met her in 2008 on the Guardian Angel writing board.

Back then she was waiting for her first book to be published.

Since then she has written several books, and has published and contracted a good deal of them.

Aday is one of my very favorite people in this world. A true inspiration to all. She says she is a differently abled writer. I think of her as quite able to do anything she puts her mind to.

Love you Jess, and Susanne, thanks for letting me express my opinion about such a wonderful human being.

I think she is, and will further become,an inspirational icon in the world of children's literature.

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

J Aday is an inspiration. Thanks for sharing the video. I knew a little about her, but her story is amazing.

Sylvia Ney said...

Wow - thanks for sharing! New follower here. I’m getting a head start on visiting my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia
http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne .. what an amazing video - but incredible lady and yes an inspiration to all .. as she says she's not badly off ... she has life ahead.

So pleased I've met Aday through you .. cheers Hilary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...