Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Review of The Tulip Kiss





TITLE:   The Tulip Kiss

AUTHOR:   Elysabeth Eldering

GENRE:   A paranormal romance

PUBLISHED:   December 2011

COVER ARTIST:   Heather C. Paye


This e-book can be found at Amazon.com


BOOK DESCRIPTION - A bittersweet tale of love, loss, and hope and how meaningful a simple flower can be.  And a reminder to never, ever leave an argument hanging between two hearts.  Find out how Amanda's world comes crashing down on that fateful day and how she is reminded of the tulips she loves when she receives her very own Tulip Kiss.


MY REVIEW - The Tulip Kiss is a short story about newlyweds, Amanda and Brock, who have been married for about six months.  This particular day starts out with an argument over a house but, due to unforeseen events, ends in being a day that forever changes both their lives.

Being a hopeless romantic, I found myself reaching for the tissues as I was drawn into this tale of love, regrets, loss and of wondering what the future might hold.  Although The Tulip Kiss is a quick read, you will remember it long after you have finished reading it.

I enjoyed reading The Tulip Kiss and look forward to reading more of Elysabeth Eldering's work.  


* SPECIAL NOTE * - Elysabeth Eldering will be offering her short story, The Proposal, for free for Kindle only.  It will be available for free on Saturday, March 31st and Sunday, April 1st.  This is the only time this story will be offered for free, so this would be the perfect opportunity to read something by this author.  


AUTHOR BIO - Ms. Eldering is the award winning author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad (JGDS), 50-state, mystery, trivia series.  Her stories "Train of Clues", "The Proposal" (available as an ebook), "Tulip Kiss" (available as an ebook), and "Butterfly Halves", all placed first, second, or runner up in various contests to include two for Armchair Interviews and two for Echelon Press (Fast and ... themed type contests).  Her story "Bride-and-Seek" (available as an ebook) was selected for the South Carolina Writers' Workshop (SCWW) anthology, the Petigru Review.  Ms. Eldering makes her home in upper state South Carolina and loves to travel, read, cross stitch and crochet.  When she's not busy with teenaged children still at home, working her full-time job as a medical transcriptionist or participating in virtual classroom visits, she can be found at various homeschool or book events promoting her writing. 

For more information about the JGDS series, please visit the JGDS blog at http://jgdssseries.blogspot.com or the JGDS website at http://jgdsseries.weebly.com

For more information about Elysabeth's other writings, please visit her general writing and family blog at http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com or her website at http://eeldering.weebly.com

 

6 comments:

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

This sounds like a lovely story. I'm a hopeless romantic and enjoy reading books like this. Gorgeous cover too. I have a couple of Elysabeth's books on my iPad and if I ever catch up I'm looking forward to reading them. :)

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Beverly. Thanks for stopping by. That is a beautiful cover. Heather did a really nice job on it.

SherryE said...

Sounds like a nice book. If I ever read it, I'll have to remember to have a box of tissues next to me!

elysabeth said...

Susanne, thank you for the wonderful review. I'm glad you enjoyed and I never thought of the lasting impression it has on my readers, although I know it has had a lasting impression on me.

Beverly, I know what you mean about getting caught up - I've been downloading a ton of books on my kindle lately and haven't even turned it on in over 2 weeks. I don't have a clue what all is waiting for me any more. I hope you enjoy everything you have downloaded when you get to reading them.

Sherry, it's a short story so you won't need a whole box of tissues but maybe a couple of them.

I have to agree about the cover as compared to the one when the story was first published, Heather's is so much more beautiful. It really says it's a winter themed story. Heather does a great job on my covers and I can't wait to see what she does with the rest of the short stories I have coming out plus my one novel I'm working on (need to do a lot of research before I can really write the story).

Thanks for stopping by. See you all in the postings - E :)

Elysabeth Eldering
Author of Finally Home, a YA paranormal (ghost) mystery
"The Proposal" (an April Fools Day story), a humorous romance ebook
"The Tulip Kiss", a paranormal (ghost) romance ebook
"Bride-and-Seek", a paranormal (ghost) romance ebook
http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com
http://eeldering.weebly.com

Jennifer Shirk said...

I love a book that makes me tear up! :)

Heather Spiva said...

Great blog!! This A to Z blogging will be interesting.
You can always read my middle grade The Puzzle Master (amazon kindle ) if you need another book. :) looking forward to reading your posts!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...