Monday, April 9, 2012

Blogging From A to Z Challenge - H


This will be a walk down memory lane, so to speak. The majority of the books I will be blogging about were acquired during my son's childhood. I will be blogging about children's, MG, and Tween books that are on the bookshelves, with a few being found on the Kindle for PC. The titles will either have words that correspond with the letter of the day, will be on a topic that corresponds with the letter of the day or both. As I'm finding a couple of the letters a bit challenging, I may need to borrow a book or two from the library to complete the challenge.


Today is Monday, April 9th.  Today is the 8th day of the A to Z Challenge.  Today's letter is H.

Hooper Humperdink...?  Not Him!

By Theo. LeSieg

Theo LeSieg is one of Theodor Geisel's pen names.  Dr. Seuss being the other one.

My son liked this book because of the unusual name of the boy.  We read this one quite a bit.




The Hair Book


By Graham Tether


Illustrated by Roy McKie


We didn't read this book too often.  I think this was another of our yard sale finds.



 

14 comments:

Talli Roland said...

The hair book? I love it! :)

Happy A to Z-ing!

Jake and Terri said...

Great H choices! Do you know Aaron's Hair by Robert Munsch? A very funny book!

Liz said...

Oh, Robert Munsch! What about, another hair one, Stephanie's Ponytail? We visited Canada 12 years ago now and bought that for our son - and others by him - the funniest about a little boy who always ants a wee after he's been bundled into his snow-suit. We live in the UK and his books aren't over here.

I still have very one of my children's picture books, they all have memories and I love them all!

I'm leaving you my A-Z link in case you are interested as blogger
always identifies me as my shared blog with other poets - my A-Z is this one: http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com

Stephen Tremp said...

People do have a thing about their hair. Well ... except for those who prefer to shave their heads. I love my hair!

Tracy said...

Dr. Seuss was just wonderful. I'm not sure if I read Hooper Humperdink though. (It's been awhile since I've read any children's books!)

Johanna Garth said...

Cute H choices. I don't think we read either one of those to the kids but now I'm curious.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Talli! The Hair book is pretty cool. I was having fun reading it this morning.
: )

Hi Jake & Terri, I'm not familiar with Aaron's Hair by Robert Munsch. I'll have to look that one up.

Hi Liz! I'm not familiar with Stephanie's Ponytail. I'll have to look that one up.

Hi Stephen! Thanks for stopping by!
: )

shantikrishnamurty said...

We never read, or heard of!, Hooper Humperdink (now I'm curious!). We still love the Hair Book, though :)

Alice said...

Yeah, Hooper Humperdink is a great name. I've never read that one. Will have to see if I can find it.

Joylene said...

Delightful. Reminded me of when our youngest wanted to dye his hair brown so he'd be more like his other brothers. He is our only redhead. I told him he was different and different was good.

Great post.

SherryE said...

I have never read those books. They look funny. I'll have to check them out.

Peggy Eddleman said...

I remember those books! I loved them!! I haven't seen either in SO LONG.

Margo Berendsen said...

I knew Dr Suess was a pen name, but I didn't know he had another pen name too!

Shannon Lawrence said...

My friend's little girl loves that clip. I remember seeing it when she first discovered it.

Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...