Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blogging From A to Z Challenge - I


This will be a walk down memory lane, so to speak. The majority of the books I will be blogging about were acquired during my son's childhood. I will be blogging about children's, MG, and Tween books that are on the bookshelves, with a few being found on the Kindle for PC. The titles will either have words that correspond with the letter of the day, will be on a topic that corresponds with the letter of the day or both. As I'm finding a couple of the letters a bit challenging, I may need to borrow a book or two from the library to complete the challenge.


Today is Tuesday, April 10th.  It is the 9th day of the A to Z Challenge.  Today's books are about Iguanas.  Today's letter is I.

Private I. Guana
The Case of the Missing Chameleon 

by Nina Laden

This book was published in July of 1999 by Chronicle Books

I think we got this one from one of the book fairs that the school had.





Hank Zipzer
The World's Greatest Underachiever
Day of the Iguana

by Henry Winkler and Lin Oliver

Illustrated by Carol Heyer

There is a website to check out, if you'd like to learn more about Hank Zipzer books.
www.hankzipzer.com 



13 comments:

Cheryl Klarich said...

Good old letter i !! That was fun- enjoyed "h is for hair" too!

Ruth said...

Private I. Guana sounds like a great kids book.

welcome to me

yummy stuff

Empty Nest Insider said...

I didn't know Fonzie was a children's book author, or is it a different Henry Winkler? Julie

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Cheryl! Thanks for stopping by to check out my posts. Have a great day!

Hi Ruth! Private I. Guana is a fun book to read. Thanks for checking out the post.

Hi Julie! Yep, Same Henry Winkler. I was surprised the first time I saw his name on the cover.

S.P. Bowers said...

I've never heard of these, thanks for sharing.

Wendy said...

Returning the visit from AtoZ. I love school book fairs -- there's always something surprising to find.

The Golden Eagle said...

They sound like fun children's books from the titles. :)


The Golden Eagle
The Eagle's Aerial Perspective

The Lumberjack's Wife said...

Never heard of these-these sound like good ones for my boys when they are older :)

Jemi Fraser said...

I really ahve to check that Henry Winkler series out!

SherryE said...

I think iguanas are cool. My son thinks so, too, so he'd probably like these books.

Joylene said...

you're ready making my job as grandma easier, Susanne. I just jot these titles down, buy them for my grandchildren, and end up coming across as a hero. How kewl is that!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hello to everyone! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and check out my post.

Hi Joylene! Glad to hear I'm helping to make your job, as Grandma, easier. Very kewl!!
: )

Adena said...

I think my son would enjoy Hank Zipzer books; I have a hard time finding books he would enjoy. Thanks for so many book recommendations!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...