Friday, April 20, 2012

Blogging From A to Z Challenge - R


This will be a walk down memory lane, so to speak. The majority of the books I will be blogging about were acquired during my son's childhood. I will be blogging about children's, MG, and Tween books that are on the bookshelves, with a few being found on the Kindle for PC. The titles will either have words that correspond with the letter of the day, will be on a topic that corresponds with the letter of the day or both. As I'm finding a couple of the letters a bit challenging, I may need to borrow a book or two from the library to complete the challenge.

Today is Friday, April 20th.  It is the 18th day of the Blogging From A to Z Challenge.  Today's letter is R.

 
 A Series of Unfortunate Events

The Reptile Room 
by Lemony Snicket

My son's Grammy and Papa S. bought the set for him.  He has all but the very last book.  I still plan on buying it, so the set can be complete.

 


  
A Series Of Unfortunate Events:
Book 1 - The Bad Beginning
Book 2 - The Reptile Room
Book 3 - The Wide Window
Book 4 - The Miserable Mill
Book 5 - The Austere Academy
Book 6 - The Ersatz Elevator
Book 7 - The Vile Village
Book 8 - The Hostile Hospital
Book 9 - The Carnivorous Carnival
Book 10 - The Slippery Slope
Book 11 - The Grimm Grotto
Book 12 - The Penultimate Peril
Book 13 - The End


QUESTION OF THE DAY: Have you read any of the books from A Series of Unfortunate Events?


13 comments:

Lindi said...

I have not read any of these books but have heard of them. I'm getting such great ideas for my grandkids here. Thanks so much! :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I haven't read the books or seen the movie, but then again, I don't have children.

SherryE said...

I have read all of the Lemony Snicket books. I thought they were great. I love his humor. BTW, thanks for the "You might also like" mention. I was surprised to see my face staring at me here. LOL.

anthony stemke said...

Although my spouse is a childrens book author, I am not familiar with these titles.
I'm not completely ignorant though, I know the Dick and Jane books. cm

Anonymous said...

Hi just wanted to say that I like your article very much. Please keep up the good posts Thanks a ton! and Have a good day

elysabeth said...

I've not read any of these books either but I think my son's friend, who is living with us (sort of - he is considered homeless for all intents and purposes) has read them all or has them all; oh wait - I take that back; he has the Artemus Fowl series. I don't know who has read them in my household or if anyone has.

Susanne, why are you several days behind with posting? (today being the 20th, wouldn't you be on T by now? I must have missed the reason for you being behind the actual date=matching letter.)

You are doing a great job presenting new books, and some well read/known ones, to us. Thanks for sharing - E :)

Elysabeth Eldering
Author of Finally Home, a YA paranormal mystery
http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com
http://eeldering.weebly.com

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne .. they're delightful and I've seen the film a few times .. I don't think I've read the books though .. it's just the name - draws you in doesn't it .. cheers Hilary

Robyn Campbell said...

We have some of them. I don't think we have all of the books though. The kids love them, but so do I! Ha. I need to get caught up on them. I believe we're missing the last three. Thanks for the reminder.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Lindi. You aren't the first person to tell me that. Glad the books are giving you some ideas for the grandkids.

Hi Diane. I found these pretty interesting. It took me about a week to read all 13 books. (Had to borrow the last one from the library.)

Hi Sherry. Glad the "you might also like" mention was a link to the post I did about your book. That linky thing is different each time you look at the posts. It's a neat think to help people check out other links on your blog.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Anthony. The books were pretty popular with kids, so Kathy probably knows about them. Thanks for stopping by.

Hi Elysabeth. For the A to Z Challenge, we are not posting on Sundays (other than when we did on Sunday, April 1st). So Sundays are not counted in my count for what day we are on.

Hi Hilary. Yes, the name definitely drew me in. Who wouldn't want to know more? I've seen the movie once.

Sonia Lal said...

I haven't. I haven't even heard of this series before.


Sonia Lal, R is for Reading, @ Story Treasury

Linda Jackson said...

My older daughter loved these books; my younger one did not. I only read the first one, but we all watch the movie over and over.

Hmm, I think I'll watch it tonight. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Joylene said...

These books were a lot of fun to read. I'm looking forward to sharing them with my youngest grandchildren. I suspect my oldest grandchildren plan to read them to their own children one day. No! None are planning families yet. LOL. I'm not ready to be a great-grandma.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...