Monday, April 23, 2012

Blogging From A to Z Challenge - T


This will be a walk down memory lane, so to speak. The majority of the books I will be blogging about were acquired during my son's childhood. I will be blogging about children's, MG, and Tween books that are on the bookshelves, with a few being found on the Kindle for PC. The titles will either have words that correspond with the letter of the day, will be on a topic that corresponds with the letter of the day or both. As I'm finding a couple of the letters a bit challenging, I may need to borrow a book or two from the library to complete the challenge.

 
Today is Monday, April 23rd.  It is the 20th day of the Blogging From A to Z Challenge.  Today's word is Trolls.  Today's letter is T.
 

Trouble with Trolls

by Jan Brett

Published:  October 1992

Age Level:  4 and up

Jan Brett books were favorites in our home.


 

Christmas Trolls

by Jan Brett

Published:  September 1993

Age Level:  4 and up


Welcome to the World of Jan Brett


 
QUESTION OF THE DAY:  Do you have a favorite book by Jan Brett? 


18 comments:

Lindi said...

I'm afraid I don't know Jan's work--but the Troll books look great! Thanks for sharing. My grand kids are going to get lots of fun books for Christmas and b-day thanks to your suggestions.

Kathy said...

I love that you're highlighting children's books. I'm not familiar with Jan Brett, but kids love the Calvin & Hobbs books.
Great choices!! Thanks for stopping by my T Alliteration
Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

Whole Foods Living said...

When I was a young girl, my grandmother read to me often. She liked to read books about trolls, and I think that's why I'm a little curious about them as an adult! Fun memories! ~ Angela, Whole Foods Living, http://www.wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/

Johanna Garth said...

We have a beautiful goldilocks book by Jan Brett.

Scribbles From Jenn said...

I LOVE "The Mitten". When my son (14) was little I bought him a copy of the book that came with a pair of mittens. So cute!

ScribblesFromJenn
Happy A to Z-ing!

Peggy Eddleman said...

We love Jan Brett! The Mitten is my kids' favorite.

Jemi Fraser said...

I love Jan Brett's books - they are absolutely stunning!

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

I love Jan Brett! Such beautiful books for children. The Mitten is so adorable and sweet. This troll one is new to me!

Jake and Terri said...

I love Jan Brett's books. My favorite is The Gingerbread Baby! All her books are great-

Terri

anthony stemke said...

I must say, I am not familiar with these books but if you are highlighting, them they must be wonderful.

Empty Nest Insider said...

The Troll book does look like a fun read! Julie

Stacy Jensen said...

I forgot the question after watching the video about a book tour!

Lynda R Young said...

I'm not familiar with these books... I'll have to fix that!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hello to everyone!
*Sending friendly waves to all*

Thanks for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. Have an awesome day!

Suzanne Lieurance said...

Hey, Susanne,

I love books about trolls! How fund! But my favorite book by Jan Brett is The Mitten!

Robyn Campbell said...

Love Jan Brett! But I have not read the Christmas Trolls. Which means I'm heading over to Amazon. *wink*

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne .. Jan's books look fun - and obviously they've got their lives worked out - that bus is amazing .. and her husband being part of the Boston Symphony Orchestra .. just adds to her life.

I'd like to correct something she said the Zulus come from Zululand in the eastern part of South Africa - the Namib are very different peoples from their own country Namibia (west and slightly north of part of SA) ..

Cheers Hilary

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Suzanne! The Mitten book is a good one. Thanks for stopping by.

Hi Robyn! You've got to read Christmas Trolls.

Hi Hilary! Thanks for sharing the information about the Zulus and the Namib.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...