Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blogging From A to Z Challenge - V


This will be a walk down memory lane, so to speak. The majority of the books I will be blogging about were acquired during my son's childhood. I will be blogging about children's, MG, and Tween books that are on the bookshelves, with a few being found on the Kindle for PC. The titles will either have words that correspond with the letter of the day, will be on a topic that corresponds with the letter of the day or both. As I'm finding a couple of the letters a bit challenging, I may need to borrow a book or two from the library to complete the challenge.

Today is Wednesday, April 25th.  It is the 22nd day of the Blogging From A to Z Challenge.  Today's word is Valentine.  Today's letter is V.


Junie B. Jones and the Mushy Gushy Valentine

 by Barbara Park



This was a Valentine's gift from my son's second grade teacher, Miss H.  Each student in the class received a copy.  I don't think my son ever read it, because he was never into the Junie B. Jones books.  I've read it and I think it's a fun book to read.  : )




Arthur's Valentine

by Marc Brown




This was another one of those Arthur Adventure books from the book club my son belonged to.





QUESTION OF THE DAY:  Did you ever receive a Valentine's Day card from a secret admirer?

18 comments:

DL Hammons said...

I did receive a V-card from a secret admirer once, in high school. Never did find out who it was from either. :)

Jemi Fraser said...

Great choices!! Love Arthur and Junie!! I did get mystery flowers once back in college or high school - still don't know who they were from ... :)

Talli Roland said...

Aw! Super cute books! And yes, I have received a Valentine's card from a secret admirer. :)

Margo Berendsen said...

My daughters love to read about Junie B Jones - she's such a handful!!! She reminds me of Eloise - have you ever read Eloise??

SherryE said...

My daughter loved the Junie B. Jones books. I think we've read all of them.

Joyce said...

We were fans of Arthur before he became huge. I sometimes wish the children's stories wouldn't all be turned into tv programming and merchandise. I get it but sometimes I wish it could remain 'just a book'

Susanne Drazic said...

Hello to all! Looks like we've had a few people who had secret admirers. I had a secret admirer in elementary school. I eventually found out who he was. I also had a secret admirer in middle school. I'd find notes shoved in my locker. Never found out who it was, but it was fun reading the notes.

Whole Foods Living said...

Aw, Junie! Another great blast from the past! Thanks! ~ Angela, Whole Foods Living, http://www.wholefoodsliving.blogspot.com/

Debra Harris-Johnson said...

Great post. I always wished for a secret admirer especially on V-day but alas it has escaped me in this life time.

Paula Martin said...

I never had a secret admirer :-(

Empty Nest Insider said...

I never read the Junie B. Jones books, but am a big Arthur fan. I wish I had a good secret admirer story for you. Julie

Mary Aalgaard, Play off the Page said...

No.
I love Junie B. One of my boys would read her books with me, but they do market towards girls, especially with the colors of the cover. But, both genders can appreciate her "innocent" humor.

Play off the Page

Cheryl Klarich said...

I haven't read Junie B. But I know I would love her.

A long time ago...

50 foot QE said...

I did receive a beautiful Valentines poem from a handsome admirer who did not sign it. But he was not declaring his love, he was sharing his appreciation. In some ways this is the sweetest of all Valentines- the one with no strings attached!

Arlee Bird said...

I can't remember ever getting a card from a secret admirer. I think I was kind of stand-offish so girls responded in kind. I was pretty shy about girls in school though according to my sister there were several girls that really liked me. Darn, why didn't she tell me that back then?


Lee
Please help me reach 100 followers at:
A Few Words
An A to Z Co-host blog
My Main blog is Tossing It Out

Lynda R Young said...

I feel like I'm missing out on life because I never got a valentines card from a secret admirer ;)

Donna McDine said...

We love the Junie B. Jones and Arthur books. Fond memories!

Kimberly said...

My daughter loved the Junie B. Jones books. They were all the rage when she was in school. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...