Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blogging From A to Z Challenge - W

This will be a walk down memory lane, so to speak. The majority of the books I will be blogging about were acquired during my son's childhood. I will be blogging about children's, MG, and Tween books that are on the bookshelves, with a few being found on the Kindle for PC. The titles will either have words that correspond with the letter of the day, will be on a topic that corresponds with the letter of the day or both. As I'm finding a couple of the letters a bit challenging, I may need to borrow a book or two from the library to complete the challenge.


Today is Thursday, April 26th.  It is the 23rd day of the Blogging From A to Z Challenge.  Today's letter is W.


The Wind In The Willows:
The Wild Wood

Adapted from the original by Anne McKie

Illustrated by Ken McKie

Published by Grandreams Limited






There are six books to this set:
- The River Bank
- The Adventures of Mr. Toad
- The Battle for Toad Hall
- The Wild Wood
- The Open Road
- The Further Adventures of Mr. Toad


The set of books were a gift for my son from his Grammy and Papa S.  When we went out for a day of lunch and shopping, we found them at one of the dollar stores we stopped at.  If I remember right, this particular trip was to take my son school shopping. 


9 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Those books look adorable.

Robyn Campbell said...

Some of my favorite books. You and I have the same taste in childrens books. Are we twinsies?? *wink*

SherryE said...

Would you believe that today, one of the ladies in my critique group recommended that I read Wind in the Willows to help me with a manuscript I'm working on? How funny is that!

Stacy S. Jensen said...

Another great book recommendations. I also love the Grammy and Papa S names. My kiddo is still trying to figure out how to say grandparents names. I've been told Granny is not an option. Perhaps, he can say Grammy and I won't be kicked out of the family. :)

Laura Marcella said...

I loved these books when I was a kid!! I haven't read them in a long time, though.

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

I've read part of these books. Must check on the others. Great selections.

Lynda R Young said...

I loved The Wind in the Willows as a child.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne .. it is a brilliant set of very English countryside books, with a great record of days nearly 100 years ago.

The kids love the stories here ..

Thanks for reminding us of Wind in the Willows .. Kenneth Grahame is one of our literary greats. Cheers Hilary

Haddock said...

I remember reading this as a kid :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...