Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Interview with Author Nicole Borgenicht



Nicole Borgenicht is a children's fiction writer. Her most recent picture book is The Bridge published by Publish America. Some of Nicole's other kid's stories have appeared in The Los Angeles Times Kid's Reading Room section, Stories for Children Magazine and LadyBug Flights Magazine. Additional works comprise poetry and essays, short stories, one act plays or articles  in magazines such as Arts and Entertainment Skyline and American Fitness.
 
Could you tell us a little about yourself?

I am a freelance writer, and I love to write fiction most of all. My published works have included kid’s books, short stories, a one act play, tons of articles, a produced spot on NBC, and more.


Would you describe your desk or workspace?

I have a great desk and office area, but in fact once I bought a laptop, I usually work on the dining room table because the view is a beautiful bucolic vision. 

 
What are you currently reading?

I am reading Write Your Book Now! by Gene Perret. It’s a great book and reminder of different ways to get it done.


What is the best advice you've ever received?

“Have fun with it!” Gene Perret regarding writing - of course he’s a comedy writer!


If you could have coffee with anyone (living or dead, real or fictional), who would it be and why?

Hemingway. I think he really wrote what he wanted and the way he wanted to. 


What are your top three favorite books and why?

Old Man and the Sea by Hemingway, inspiring about challenges and dimensional goals

The Spy Who Came in From the Cold by Le Carre’, he creates a range of characters without favor, but still present an author’s undercurrent of humanity

Short Stories by Joyce Carol Oates, she has the skill and creativity to tell a far deeper story than meets the eye and her character subtext is fascinating.


What was your favorite book as a child and why?

I liked Sword in the Stone. It restored my faith and I liked the imaginative and heroic aspect of the story.
 
 
Do you write full-time or part-time?

Full-time
 
 
Could you share about any current writing projects?

I am working on a chapter outline and some scenes for The Kids of Dandelion Township II.


What would be the best way for readers to contact you?

Author Website: www.nicoleborgenicht.com


Where can people find The Kids of Dandelion Township?

Amazon.com


The Kids of Dandelion Township

Author: Nicole Borgenicht

Illustrator: Lisa M. Griffin

Publisher: CreateSpace

ISBN-13: 978-1466466401   
(CreateSpace-Assigned)
 
ISBN-10: 1466466405

Author Website: www.nicoleborgenicht.com





SYNOPSIS
The Kids of Dandelion Township is a story about new friends who in the process of discovering magic together, learn about their similar emotions and different cultures. All in the context of a child's day, the kids unravel mysteries of A students, and invent ways to be creative while completing their homework assignments. Preparing the way for children to receive magic, the kids of Dandelion Township wish all children will experience it one day.



 

The link to Nicole Borgenicht's tour page:



 

The rest of the tour schedule:

May 3rd
The New Book Review – Book Review

May 5th
Author Nicole Borgenicht reads first couple of chapters of The Kids of Dandelion Township

May 7th
Utah Children's Writer Blog – Guest Post


15 comments:

Talli Roland said...

Great interview! I'd love to sit down with Hemingway, too.

Laura Marcella said...

Susanne, thanks for sharing this interview with Nicole. Her book sounds so good!

Cheryl Klarich said...

Susanne, I really enjoyed this interview!!

Thank you Nicole, for sharing your thoughts... The Kids of Dandelion Township looks wonderful!

Virginia S Grenier said...

Thank you for hosting Nicole Borgenicht on your blog today and sharing more about her.

Linda Jackson said...

"What is the best advice you've ever received?
“Have fun with it!” Gene Perret regarding writing "

I agree. I think we allow the worry over getting published take away from the beauty of creating a story.

Great interview. Thanks for sharing.

SherryE said...

Looks like a cute book. I like the advice; "Have fun with it!" That's right - why do it if it isn't fun?

Lindi said...

Hi--nice interview. I like the colorful cover of your book.
I also like the advice--have fun with it. It's really what it's all about.

Beth said...

Great interview.

anthony stemke said...

Enjoyed the interview. I would like to talk with Hemingway too. I liked the movie "Midnight in Paris" where Owen Wilson talked to him.

Karen Elizabeth Brown said...

Susanne: Great interview! And the book looks really fun for kids and their parents.

I'd like to ask Hemmingway a few questions myself. Hmm...

Have a great day!

Dawn Malone said...

Finally made my way here through the A to Z. Nice to meet you!

Jemi Fraser said...

Great interview! Love the advice to have fun! :)

Connie Arnold said...

Thanks for sharing the great interview! I love learning about new books for kids and their authors.

Joylene said...

Great interview, ladies. The book sounds wonderful. And I'd love to have coffee with Hemingway too! Wouldn't that be a blast. Thanks for sharing.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Thanks for the great interview.

I bet writing comedy isn't as much fun as it sounds. I bet it's pretty stressful to get it right. Not that I've tried to write it. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...