Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Lucky 7 Meme



I was the recipient of The Lucky 7 Meme, not once, but twice.  The first time was in March, shortly before the Blogging From A to Z Challenge began, so I said I'd get to it afterwards.  I received the meme from Sherry Ellis over at Mama Diaries.  Then in April, during the A to Z Challenge, I received the meme from Killarney Sheffield over at Author Killarney Sheffield.  This meme is for writers, and it's a chance to showcase your latest manuscript.  So today, you will get to read an excerpt from one of my works in progress.  


Lucky 7 Meme Rules:

1. Go to page 77 of your current manuscript.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy the next 7 lines (sentences or paragraphs) and post them as they're written.  No cheating!
4. Tag 7 other writers to pass this meme on to.


Manuscript Excerpt: 

     "As soon as Mrs. Greene arrives, we will start the reading of the will," said Mr. Treytle, nervously wiping his brow with a hankie.  "She called to say that she'd be here in about 15 minutes."

     "Step-mommy dearest must make her grand entrance, no doubt," said Jeremy, looking down at his watch.  "I don't know what father ever saw in that conniving witch.  She has only been after one thing since she met my father and that was his money."

     "Jeremy, darling, didn't your mother teach you better manners than that?" said Mrs. Greene, as she walked into the conference room.  "What in the hell is she doing here?"


Writers I'm Tagging:
 


21 comments:

writingstraight.com said...

Great writing! Enjoyed it!

Jen Daiker said...

This is super fun!!! I'm currently working on a screenplay but as soon as I'm on page 77 and have it written, you bet your buns I'll do this one! Let's hope I'm done soon so I don't forget!

Your piece is intriguing though! Step-mommy dearest had me!

KarenG said...

I normally don't do tags and memes anymore but this one looks just too fun to miss. I'll take you on!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Holly! Glad you liked the excerpt. Thanks for stopping by.

Hi Jen! I look forward to reading your excerpt, when you are ready to share it. I'm kind of stalled on this WIP. Hoping that my sharing an excerpt gives me the "kick" I need to get moving on it again.

Hi Karen! Glad to hear that you are going to participate. I look forward to reading your excerpt when you get it posted.

Martha Ramirez said...

Aw thanks so much for tagging me, Susanne!

Heather Spiva said...

Ah! I love those seven sentences. Very good. I wish I could do this (thanks so much for tagging me) but I just dont' have the time right now ... perhaps a future blog though, like next week. Thank you!

Margo Berendsen said...

Ah, caught in the act! I'll have to try this meme sometime and see what i find in my stories...

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne .. now I want to know what the will did say! Then all the "connivations" that follow ..

Cheers Hilary

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ack! Must dig out my manuscript!
Will post on Monday. :-)
Sounds fun!

Peggy Eddleman said...

Loved the excerpt! So much voice!

And thanks for tagging me!

Julie said...

Hi Suzanne! Thanks for tagging me! I'd never heard of this meme before and it's a great one, how fun. I loved your excerpt, definitely made me want to read more.

Thanks again!

Jemi Fraser said...

I like it! I want to know who 'she' is!! :)

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Martha! You are welcome. : )

Hi Heather! If you get a chance to do it at a later date, that is fine. I was a little slow in doing this myself.

Hi Margo! It was a lot of fun once I sat down to work on it. Everything is handwritten out and none of my pages are numbered, so I had to count out the pages to get to my lines. : ) Thanks for stopping by.

Hi Hilary! Hopefully I'll get this story finished so it has a chance of being shared with others. : )

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Jennifer! I look forward to reading your post. : )

Hi Peggy! Thanks, I'm glad you liked the excerpt.

Hi Julie! This was a fun meme. I'm glad you liked the excerpt.

Sherry Ellis said...

i enjoyed this excerpt. "Step-mommy dearest" sounds like quite a character!

Adena (aka cre82learn) said...

Great writing clip. I don't really write, except in journals occasionally, but love to read!! That's the main focus of my summer other than decluttering every inch of my house - read more!

Elana Johnson said...

Oooh, who's there that's not supposed to be? Great job!

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

Interesting. Now you know you're going to have to tell us more one day. :)

Janet Johnson said...

Very fun! It's interesting to see such a random point in a novel. :) Yours sounds like a fun one!

Stephen Tremp said...

Ah, the conflict of family by blood and family by law. Not much better conflict than this.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

I was tagged a while back, and it was fun. Great excerpt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...