Monday, May 14, 2012

Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ!

A smile. An encouraging word. A thoughtful gesture. Each day people interact with us, help, and make our day a bit brighter and full. This is especially true in the Writing Community

Take a second to think about writers you know, like the critique partner who works with you to improve your manuscript. The writing friend who listens, supports and keeps you strong when times are tough. The author who generously offers council, advice and inspiration when asked.

So many people take the time to make us feel special, don't they? They comment on our blogs, re-tweet our posts, chat with us on forums and wish us Happy Birthday on Facebook.


Kindness ROCKS!

To commemorate the release of their book The Emotion Thesaurus, Becca and Angela at The Bookshelf Muse are hosting a TITANIC Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ. And because I think KINDNESS is contagious, I'm participating too!

I am picking two people for my Random Act Of Kindness. They are Karen Cioffi and Elysabeth Eldering. Both of these women have been very generous with their time and writing knowledge and I have benefited so much from each of them. I am blessed to have them both as friends. Karen and Elysabeth, for my RAOK gift, I will be dedicating a blog post to each of you!  

Karen blogs over at Karen Cioffi Writing and Marketing and Elysabeth blogs over at Elysabeth's Writing Emporium.  If you have a minute, please stop by these blogs and tell them how awesome they are!

Do you know someone special that you'd like to randomly acknowledge? Don't be shy--come join us and celebrate! Send them an email, give them a shout out, or show your appreciation in another way. Kindness makes the world go round. :)

Becca and Angela have a special RAOK gift waiting for you as well, so hop on over to The Bookshelf Muse to pick it up.

Have you ever participated in or been the recipient of a Random Act Of Kindness?  Let me know in the comments!


29 comments:

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Yay for Karen and Elysabeth! I'll check out both of their blogs!

elysabeth said...

Thank you so much, Susanne. You are especially kind for selecting me as one of your friends for whom to bestow this on. After a terrible mother's day, I kind of needed a pick-me-up. I'll repost and check out the other blog information you have shared. Hope you have a great day and keep smiling. E :)

Elysabeth Eldering
Author of Finally Home, a YA paranormal mystery
http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com
http://eeldering.weebly.com

LTM said...

I don't know Karyn & Elisabeth, but they sound awesome. Yay for them, and you rule, too! :o) <3

Susan Roebuck said...

This is a lovely way to discover each other, isn't it? And also Karen and Elysabeth...off to check them.

Nicole Zoltack said...

Congrats, Karen and Elysabeth!

Patti said...

I love that idea for a gift. This is such a great thing today I'm looking forward to reading everyone's blogs.

Karen Elizabeth Brown said...

What a wonderful idea! I don't know Karen or Elysabeth, but I'm sure I have friends like them.

My critique partner has struggled through my times of learning with me and has been very patient and giving of herself and her time. I do appreciate her and see her random acts of kindness every week.

SherryE said...

What a really nice thing to do! I'll stop by and visit these two bloggers.

Becca Puglisi said...

Congrats, Karen and Elysabeth! And thanks, Susanne, for spreading the love!

Becca @ The Bookshelf Muse

Susanne Drazic said...

Hello to all! Have a wonderful day and consider doing your own Random Act Of Kindness!

Karen Cioffi said...

Susanne, Thank you so much. I'm honored, in particular for the type of award.

Kindness is such an important thing, especially in this crazy, hectic world. And, I agree that kindness is contagious and should be shared.

It really is about paying it forward.

Thank you to all.

I'll be checking out your other links - Elysabeth I already know. :)

Janet Johnson said...

i don't know either of them. I'll have to amend that. I'm loving this theme!

Jennifer Shirk said...

I think this is wonderful!

Jemi Fraser said...

Loving this blitz! There are so many kind, helpful people out there! :)

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Oooh, two blogs I don't follow to check out. Thanks. They both sound like great writing friends. :D

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I've seen several others blogging Random Acts of Kindness. Really wonderful idea.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Congratulations to Karen and Elysabeth...I am on my way to check them out. :)

Martha said...

Excellent way to look at it! I'm on my way...

Miriam Forster said...

A blog post, what a great gift!

Empty Nest Insider said...

This is such a great idea! I look forward to visiting Karen and Elysabeth! Julie

anthony stemke said...

A wonderful post here. So glad you mentioned Miss Ciofi's post; she always offers so much practical advice and tips for writers.

Lynda R Young said...

Yay for Karen and Elysabeth! This is such a great event and it's wonderful seeing so many supportive people being named.

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Congratulations Karen and Elysabeth! I am loving this RAOK Blitz. Such fun.

alexia said...

This sounds like what some other writers are doing around the blogosphere now. What a great idea!

Heather M. Gardner said...

What a great idea.
Thanks for sharing.
Heather

Misha Gericke said...

That is such a sweet idea! I love it.

Susanne Drazic said...

Karen and Elysabeth, you are both welcome!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hello to everyone who has stopped by in the last couple of days! There have been so many great RAOK blog posts. So many wonderful people are being recognized. I hope you'll take the time to check out some of the other blogs participating in the RAOK Blitz! Have an AWESOME day!

Maryellen Brady said...

I don't know them, but I am going to check out their blogs :) wonderful post! Happy RAOK week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...