Thursday, May 17, 2012

Random Act Of Kindness - Karen Cioffi

Karen Cioffi is one of two people that I chose to honor for the Random Act Of Kindness BLITZ!  If you didn't get a chance to see the original post, click here.  My gift to Karen was to do a blog post about her.


Karen Cioffi is a woman who has many jobs.  She is an award-winning author, ghostwriter, freelance writer, editor, and marketer.  She is the founder and manager of Writers On The Move.  Be sure to check out Karen's site, Karen Cioffi Writing and Marketing, for great writing and marketing information.

Karen also presents workshops on writing and marketing.  These are offered as webinars, teleclasses and chats.  I've attended some of the workshops and each time I've learned something new about some aspect of writing or marketing, but also something new about myself. 

Karen writes a monthly newsletter, A Writer's World, and she is a regular contributor to the 4RV Reading, Writing, & Art News newsletter.  

Let's not forget Karen's most important jobs.  Those are of wife, mother, and grandma.  With all that Karen has going on, she still finds time to answer questions, share words of encouragement, and offer a helping hand.  Karen is truly an inspiration to me and many others.


The following is part of an interview that I did with Karen for a July 2011 blog post.

Could you tell us a little about yourself?

I’m a former accountant who is now an author, ghostwriter, and freelance writer. I am also the founder and manager of Writers on the Move, acquisitions editor intern for 4RV Publishing, and moderator of a children’s critique group.

I live in NYC with my husband.


When did you first know you wanted to be a writer?

As with most writers I enjoyed writing stories as a child, but never thought of actually becoming an author until later on in life. When I had to leave the accounting profession due to multiple sclerosis, I put down my pencil and took up the pen.


What genre(s) do you write and why?

Interestingly, I began with children’s picture books because I wrote a lullaby over 30 years ago that I wanted to turn into a picture book, primarily for my grandchildren.

I also wrote a children’s middle grade story, Walking Through Walls. I was given an outline of an ancient Chinese tale in 2008, and saw the potential in it for a children’s book. And, it turns out I really like the chapter book and middle grade genres.

Along with this, I’ve ghostwritten one memoir, several children’s books, and a few hundred health and business articles, which I’m very comfortable doing – I think it’s because of my accounting background and my interest in a number of health issues.

To read the rest of this interview, please click here.



Day’s End Lullaby

by Karen Cioffi and Robyn Feltman

Genre: Children's bedtime picture book 

Paperback, published September 2008

Publisher: BookSurge Publishing
                   www.booksurge.com




Walking Through Walls 

by Karen Cioffi

Illustrator: Aidana WillowRaven

Genre: Middle grade fantasy adventure

Paperback, published June 2011

Publisher: 4RV Publishing LLC




******
http://karencioffi.com (children’s author site)

http://karencioffiwritingandmarketing.com (offers writing and marketing information, ghostwriting and freelance writing services, book reviews, and guest postings)

http://karencioffifreelancewriter.com (offers Karen’s e-books on writing and marketing)

http://writersonthemove.com (offers writing and marketing content from a number of writers and marketers, as well as workshops)

Be sure to sign up for Karen’s FREE monthly newsletter, A Writer’s World, on any of the above sites, and get 2 FREE e-books on writing and marketing.

******




19 comments:

Karen Cioffi said...

Susanne, You're amazing! I'm so honored and appreciative of your KIND words.

Thank you , thank you, thank you!!!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi Karen! I'm so glad that you got a chance to read this special post about you. Have a wonderful day!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm amazed at how many writers came from writing-heavy backgrounds. Especially as I didn't!

Janet Johnson said...

Wow, Karen, you are so very accomplished. Congratulations on your books and all your success!

Wonderful tribute Suzanne!

SherryE said...

Karen is one busy lady! I will have to stop by and check out some of her sites.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Thanks for telling us more about Karen. I'm going to hop over and check out her newsletter. :)

Jemi Fraser said...

I don't know Karen either - thanks for the introduction! :)

Lynda R Young said...

These Random Acts of Kindness have been great. It's been wonderful getting to know new people.

Laura Marcella said...

Karen's books sound terrific! Wishing her good health and happy writing. :) Thanks for sharing the interview, Susanne!

Arlee Bird said...

Karen was among the first bloggers I came across when I started blogging. She is quite accomplished.


Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out

Karen Elizabeth Brown said...

Thanks for introducing such an amazingly talented and busy individual. I'm planning on meeting her quite soon.

Great post!

Cheryl Klarich said...

Susanne and Karen, thank you so much for inspiring us today! What amazing accomplishments!!

Have a great week-end!

alexia said...

What a nice post. Sounds like a great collection of books!

Jennifer Shirk said...

So nice to meet Karen!
Thanks, Susanne!

Karen Cioffi said...

Hi, All,

I don't know what happened, but I did respond/comment to your wonderful comments.

It's so nice to meet you and thank you all for your kind words!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hello to everyone who stopped by to meet Karen. She is a wonderful person, definitely someone you want to get to know.

Karen, I double checked my emails and spam folder and checked all the comment sections for blogger. I don't know what happened to the messages you left earlier. Hopefully the blogger gremlins will give them up and they'll make there way here. Sorry!

Karen Cioffi said...

LOL Susanne, I've been running into those gremlins a lot lately. It could have happened from my end.

Thanks for posting the comment so quickly!

Robyn Campbell said...

Karen, what a genuine woman. Thank you Susanne for showing us this lovely lady. *waving and smiling*

Karen Cioffi said...

Robyn, It's so nice to meet you. Thank you for your kind words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...