Friday, October 19, 2012

My Zombie Dog by Charmaine Clancy


My Zombie Dog

by Charmaine Clancy

Publisher:  Hot Doggy Digital Press
                 www.hotdoggydigitalpress.com
                   
Paperback, 132 pgs.
Published June 2012
ISBN-10: 0987286315

Kindle Edition
Published February 2012


A funny horror tale for 9 to 13 yrs







BOOK BLURB
A deliciously funny adventure.. with bite!

Take one shy teenage boy, a dopey best mate, a granny who's lost her marbles and teeth, a kid sister who bites back, and a smelly demon dog. What you'll get is My Zombie Dog.

All Zane wants for his birthday is a dog. A real dog. A guy's dog. But his mum brings home this little mutt and wants to call it Fluffy. Seriously? It's shaggy, smells undead and bites people. And why do its victims all turn sluggish and keep asking Zane for brains? One by one, everyone he knows is becoming infected.

Join Zane as he takes on the neighbourhood zombie plague in this funny adventure... with bite!


MY THOUGHTS

The book starts out with Zane turning 14 years old and wanting a dog.  The kind of dog that a boy can be proud of.  Instead, he gets a dog that is mangy and smells just awful.  And what's worse is that his mom calls the dog Fluffy.  What is Zane's mom thinking?  

When I saw the cool cover for My Zombie Dog, I knew right away that this was a book I wanted to read.  It has two things that I like.  Dogs and zombies.  The characters are relatable, the dialogue is clever, and the strange sounds that come from Fossil (Zane changed name from Fluffy) are funny.  The surprise ending is one you won’t want to miss!

Charmaine definitely knows how to tell a good story.  She has a way of drawing the reader in at page one and holding their attention to the very last page.  My Zombie Dog is a book that both kids and adults will enjoy reading.  I look forward to reading more books by this author.



Charmaine Clancy lives in Brisbane, Australia and loves to create characters for mystery, fantasy and adventure. All her stories are fictional, except maybe MY ZOMBIE DOG (some say to this day you can hear the dog softly moaning, 'braaains').

Charmaine was born the year man walked on the moon, and if more aware of the event, she probably would have thought it was a great setting for a murder. She grew up in the big city of Sydney. Her early school reports advised disapprovingly that she was always 'daydreaming'. Obviously her teachers did not recognise and value the art of plotting. Despite this feedback, Charmaine loved studying and would later go on to University to gain her BA in Professional and Creative Writing. She has worked editing articles for magazines, but her favourite jobs have been dog grooming and teaching.

When not explaining the dangers of underestimating a fairy or the best spots to hide a body, Charmaine teaches high school English and sometimes runs creative writing classes for children and teenagers. She loves all things Agatha Christie and is often watching those around her with suspicious eyes; on the off chance they ever do commit a cleverly devised crime.



Did you miss the interview I did with Charmaine, back in August?  Here is the link to check it out: http://susannedrazic.blogspot.com/2012/08/an-interview-with-charmaine-clancy.html


17 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yeah for Charmaine! That is a funny idea for a story.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That book sounds adorable!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Alex! Hi, Diane! Thanks for stopping by to learn more about MY ZOMBIE DOG.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Haha, Fluffy, yes really Mum! Thanks, Susanne, sounds like another one for my grandchildren.

Laura Marcella said...

Sounds great!! How funny! I know a bunch of children (and adults!) who would love this book. Thanks for sharing!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Joylene! Hi, Laura! Now's a good time to start thinking gift giving. I think books make great gifts. Thanks for stopping by.

Christine Rains said...

It sounds like so much fun!

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Sounds like a cute book. :D

Charmaine Clancy said...

Thanks so much for your awesome review Susanne! I've been so lucky to find so many kind people online who strive to motivate and support indie authors.

Thanks to everyone who commented too! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

I really enjoyed Charmaine's book & I've suggested it to several of my students! :)

Janet Johnson said...

Congratulations Charmaine! This book is on my tbr pile. Sounds so fun!

Robyn Campbell said...

Congrads Charmaine!!!! This book sounds bodaciously funny. That's why I gotta read it. I love funny!!!

Susanne, thanks for all your author support you give. You win the BODACIOUS WRITERLY ADVOCATE award. Hugs woman!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne and Charmaine - great interview .. and certainly I love the sound of the concept for My Zombie Dog - sounds as though all kinds of boy horrors will arise .. great fun for the kids .. cheers Hilary

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Christine and Stina! Thanks for stopping by!

Hi, Charmaine! I was happy to share about MY ZOMBIE DOG.

Hi, Jemi! That is great that you've recommended it to some of your students. I've also been telling people about it.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Janet! I've got a few TBR book piles around here. : )

Hi, Robyn! I'm glad to be able to help out other authors by sharing about their books. : )

Hi, Hilary! Thanks for stopping by to learn more about MY ZOMBIE DOG.

Sherry Ellis said...

Sounds like a fun book! I wonder how Schultz and Zombie Dog would get along? LOL!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Sherry! I think that would be an interesting meeting of the dogs. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...