Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

I've been tagged by Beverly Stowe McClure for The Next Big Thing Blog Hop. We're going to hop from blog to blog to discover exciting books we might not have heard about or that are still WIPs. This is Week 16. So, let's get started.


What is the working title of your book?

My Best Friend is a Zombie.


Where did the idea come from for the book?

From a dream I had after starting to work on some of my zombie blog posts for the month of October.


What genre does your book fall under?

Early chapter books


Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I think this would be better suited for a half hour animation or cartoon type show, so it would depend on who the people are who do those types of voices.


What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Everyone wants to have a best friend, but no one has a best friend like mine.


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

If I can’t find an agency to represent my book, then I may choose to self-publish.


How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Three days.  It's a very rough first draft.


What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I can't think of any it would compare to.


Who or What inspired you to write this book?

The dream I had and my interest in zombies.


What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

That it's a different take on how people see zombies.  Not all zombies are bad and not all zombies eat people's brains.



Here are the people I have tagged for The Next Big Thing Blog Hop.  They are a part of week 17.  They will be posting about one of their books or WIP on Wednesday, October 17th.


Dianne Salerni - http://diannesalerni.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-next-big-thing.html

Susan Hornbach - http://Bagfullofbooks4kids.blogspot.com

Elysabeth Eldering - http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-next-big-thing-blog-challenge.html


29 comments:

Laura Marcella said...

That sounds like fun! I love the one-sentence synopsis. Grabbed my interest right away!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You're the first person to say your book would make a good thirty minute animation!

Robyn Campbell said...

WHAT A COOL BOOK! That sentence makes me wanna read on woman! You'll get lots of offers. Hugs kiddo. (That's my new fav word. I'm calling everyone kiddo.) *wink*

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Laura! I'm glad you liked the synopsis. Thanks for stopping by!

Hi, Alex! I don't think my story would be complex enough for a full length movie, but animated characters or cartoon characters would be fun. Thanks for stopping by!

Hi, Robyn! I'll keep working on this book, so it develops into more than just a rough draft. I like kiddo. Makes me feel young! ; ) Thanks for stopping by!

Sherry Ellis said...

I'll be doing this on the 24th! It was fun to read about your WIP. Boy, you sure have a lot of zombies on your mind! LOL!

Mayra Calvani said...

Three days?! Wow, you're fast! Even for a rough draft. How many words is it?

Best of luck with it! :)

Mayra

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Sherry! I'm okay with zombies on the mind, just as long as they aren't trying to munch on my brains. ; )

Hi, Mayra! Like I said, it is a very rough first draft. I just went with what my dream was about. It pretty much wrote itself. It is about 2,800 words. It needs a LOT of work at this point.

Romance Reader - Nas said...

Sounds like fun. Hooked my attention and now I'd like to read more.

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome - sounds like so much fun!

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

I love the title and the idea of a good zombie for a friend. Best of luck, Susanne.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I wish I could write a first draft in three days. Heck, I wish I could write on in three weeks. :D

I love this meme. I'm seeing it everywhere now.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Romance Reader-Nas! I'm glad that the story hooked your attention. Thanks for stopping by!

Hi, Jemi! Thanks for stopping by! Glad to hear that you thought it sounded fun.

Hi, Beverly! I'm glad that you like the title and the idea for the book. Thanks for tagging me for the blog hop.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Stina! I've never written a first draft in three days before. It usually takes me forever to get a first draft written. Chalk it up to a dream about zombies that I'm sure was triggered by the books I was reading about zombies and the posts I was planning out for October's blog theme.

Carolina Valdez Miller said...

What a cute book idea! Wishing you all the best!!

Empty Nest Insider said...

I'm impressed that you came up with a rough draft in only three days! Your story sounds great, and I like your idea about a cartoon! Julie

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susanne - I can see the blog hop will be around when I get back to my Reader ...

Love the Zombie concept and has Robyn said - the aspect about making it into a cartoon movie ...

Some school kids might enjoy this as a project .. those techie ones!!

Good luck - sounds like you've caught our attention well and truly .. cheers Hilary

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Hi, Susanne! This sounds like a cute idea for an early chapter book. It reminds me a little of My Zombie Dog, which I saw launched a couple months ago, except that one was a MG book. Good luck!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Susanne, your book sounds wonderful. I'm pinning it again because my little grandchildren love these kinds of stories.

Susan Hornbach said...

Hi Susanne, your book is right in line for Halloween. I'm glad you have zombies who don't eat brains, YUCK!

M Pax said...

OK, that sounds like a really fun book.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Carolina! Glad you like the book idea. Thanks for stopping by.

Hi, Julie! I guess I was just lucky with this one in getting the first draft written in such a short time frame. Believe me, that is usually not the case for me.

Hi, Hilary! Thanks for stopping by to check out The Next Big Thing blog hop.

Hi, Dianne! Reminds you a little of My Zombie Dog? Hmmm. Thanks for stopping by.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Joylene! Thanks for pinning it.

Hi, Susan! Yeah, can't have all zombies running around eating brains. Not that I don't like that kind of book or show. : )

Hi, Mary! Glad to hear that you think it sounds like a fun book. Thanks for stopping by!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Sounds fun! Do you intend it to be a full novel or a novella?

Shannon at The Warrior Muse

Charmaine Clancy said...

Love a good zombie tale!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Shannon! I haven't thought any farther than getting the first rough draft written. I have to do some research on book lengths for early chapter books. Thanks for stopping by!

Hi, Charmaine! Me too. : ) Thanks for stopping by!

J Q Rose said...

What a clever idea--a sweet zombie. Makes ma giggle. Best wishes!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, J.Q! Glad you like the idea for the zombie book. Thanks for stopping by!

Kai Strand said...

I love that your book would be a good animation. The concept sounds fun! Good luck with it.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Kai! Thanks for stopping by. Appreciate your input. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...