Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Fart That Saved Christmas by Jacob Morningside


The Fart That Saved Christmas
An Adult's Christmas Tale

Written by Jacob Morningside

Illustrated by Nadja Andrasev

Published by Publish Green

Released on September 6, 2012

Price: $4.99

Format: Ebook


About the Book:
The behind the scenes story of what really happened "The Night Before Christmas."

It's Christmas Eve. The reindeer go on strike with a list of demands for Santa, the elves and Mrs. Claus. Santa gets "loaded" and threatens to cancel Christmas, fire the deer and divorce Mrs. Claus. But, just when all seems lost, Christmas is saved by a timely fart.



My Thoughts:
When I received an email from Tribute Books (www.tribute-books.com) about the tour for The Fart That Saved Christmas, I thought to myself, why not?  It's a Christmas story and I was looking for something for a December blog post.  Actually it was the title that got my curiosity.  I was wondering how could a fart save Christmas?

I shared the book with both my husband and son, so I want to share what they thought about it as well as what I thought.

I found the the book to be okay.  Although I could see where many people would find it hilarious and comical, I didn't.  It just wasn't my type of humor.  The illustrations definitely go well with the story line.

My husband said it was cute.  He said the illustrations were nice.

My son thought the book was funny and comical.  He said he laughed at the story.  He thought the illustrations were funny.  His favorite one was the elf sitting on a cellophane wrapped toilet.  If you want to know what that is all about, you'll have to read the book.

For anyone who finds hilarity in things a bit strange, you can't go wrong with reading The Fart That Saved Christmas.



About the Author: 
Born into a body inhabited by multiple muse personalities, I create stories by stretching the "normal" beyond the boundaries of the absurd.  The result is a worm-hole ride to the Far Side.  I love a good story — so, I wrote one.  Enjoy it with my wishes for a happy holiday season. - Jacob Morningside


Jacob Morningside's Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fart-That-Saved-Christmas/136942536447992


Tribute Books Blog Tours Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tribute-Books-Blog-Tours/242431245775186


The Fart That Saved Christmas
 blog tour site:
http://thefartthatsavedchristmas.blogspot.com/



10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

He even looks like Santa!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Alex! That's what I thought.
: )

Angela Ackerman said...

Haha, just the title alone makes me want to read it. And wow, the author looks like the big guy himself!

Angela

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Suzanne .. love the read and Alex' comment ... I'm not sure I'd want the word 'fart' out there in a children's book ... but perhaps that's just me - and I know kids would laugh themselves silly saying .. toilet humour just turns kids on ...

Cheers - Hilary

Dianne K. Salerni said...

This looks hilarious. Too bad it's not available in print. It would make a pretty funny Christmas present for some friends of ours!

Sherry Ellis said...

This sounds like something my husband would like.

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Haha, I love it! On my list.

Tribute Books said...

Susanne, thanks for involving the whole family in your review. Love it!

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Angela! Title was what made me want to read it, too.

Hi, Hilary! The Fart That Saved Christmas is an adult Christmas tale. This one is not for the kiddies. : )

Hi, Dianne! I'm sure some people would enjoy having a print copy of this book.

Hi, Sherry! I bet your husband would.

Susanne Drazic said...

Hi, Joylene! Enjoy.

Hi, Nicole! The family was glad to share their thoughts on the book. Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...