Sunday, December 8, 2013

It's Been a Year ...

It's been a year since we brought this little guy home to be a part of our family.  His name is Bentley and he is a cockier spaniel.  

Over the past year there have been a few potty accidents, trying different dog foods to find the one he was happy with, and appointments for hair cuts and nail clippings.  We also had to make a visit to the doggie ER because of an infection, which resulted in antibiotics, probiotics, and a special food diet of cooked ground turkey, white rice and broth for about two weeks.  There have been numerous rope toy replacements, lots of charging at the TV to bark at animals and dancing pens - go figure!  

There have also been lots of wet kisses, snuggling, and shiny eyes that show pure unconditional love.  Bentley likes munching on carrots, eating peanut butter off a spoon, and wearing bandannas.   He is also pretty good at sneaking out to the kitchen, while I'm cooking, with the hopes I've dropped a tasty morsel for him to snarf up.  He gets so excited, that his tail shakes his whole body, when he knows he's going for a car ride.  

Bentley has me wrapped around his furry little paw.  All he has to do is roll onto his back and give me a special look and I stop what I'm doing to give him a belly rub followed by a dog treat.  My husband throws the rope toys for Bentley to run after them.  This is one of Bentley's favorite play times.  Our son has taught him to shake his paw in greeting.  Of course Bentley wants a treat every time he does this.  

It has been quite a year, but we couldn't imagine what our life would be like without him.  If you are a pet owner, I bet you know what I mean.


8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We had dogs when I was a kid, so yes, I know what you mean. Glad Bentley found your family.

Kimberly said...

I know exactly what you mean. Our dog is like one of our kids. :)

Yours sounds very sweet and he's very cute.

Suzanne Furness said...

They become a member of the family very quickly. Happy anniversary to you and the lovely Bentley.

Sherry Ellis said...

Bentley is adorable! I know exactly what you mean. Pets can be ridiculously expensive, but they sure are loyal and loving.

Misha Gericke said...

Yeah, I own five kittens. They cost a ton and often drive me nuts, but I love them to bits. :-D

Beverly Fox said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean. My little Buddy has cost us thousands upon thousands in doggie ER vistis and needed that same special diet more than once. Housebreaking took much longer than we expected and seveal toys have been chewed to death.
And I am convinced that he-and all dogs- are gods greatest gift to mankind. I, like you, am hooked and cannot imagine my life without him.
Congrats to you and Bently on your first year together and here's to many, many more!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Aw, very sweet. Look at that face. I'm glad he has a wonderful home.

The Warrior Muse

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Suzanne - absolutely know what you're talking about - animals are delightful. I will get one or two when I actually settle per se ..

Cheers and Bently have a great year ahead of you with those Drazics .. looks like you've hit a good home .. Hilary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...